You don't have to provide personal information to use the letters to crushes Site.
- Read the letters to crushes Site, post a letter to your crush, comment on a posted letter to a crush, or like a posted letter without registering an account.
- Register a chat room alias without associating the alias to any personal information.
We strive to make letters to crushes better by understanding how you use the letters to crushes Site. So, we collect some information when you:
- Make public contributions to the letters to crushes Site.
- Use the letters to crushes Site.
- Register an account.
- Send us feedback.
We believe in:
- Keeping your data secure using reasonable measures.
- Never selling your data or sharing it with third parties for marketing reasons.
- Only sharing your data when required to for legal reasons, to protect you, us, or others, or to improve the letters to crushes Site.
Areas of concern:
- Any content you add to the letters to crushes Site will be publicly and permanently available.
Creating an account or contributing content to the letters to crushes Site is entirely optional and is not required in order to use the letters to crushes Site. You do not have to provide your real name or email address to send your crush a letter or make a comment on a posted letter. We do not sell or rent your nonpublic information, nor do we use it to sell you any kind of third-party products or services. We use this information to make the letters to crushes Site better for you.
After all, it's people like you who allow letters to crushes to thrive.
We want everyone (not just legal eagles) to be able to understand how the information they provide in connection with letters to crushes is used. So, we use common language instead of legalese. Here's a table of translations:
|how we say it...||what we mean|
||Seth Hayward, the sole proprietor, who operates the letters to crushes Site, as well as any entities controlled, managed, or operated by Seth Hayward for the purpose of supporting the letters to crushes Site and all applications.|
||You! Regardless of whether you are an individual, organization, or group we mean you. This also applies regardless of whether you are using the letters to crushes site on behalf of yourself or someone else.|
|"contributions"||Content, such as a letter to your crush, a comment, or a "like", which you add to the letters to crushes Site.|
|"personal information"||Information we collect about you that could be used to personally identify you.|
||Individuals or entities that are not managed, operated, or controlled by letters to crushes. This includes employees, directors, officers, and contractors of those entities, as well as other letters to crushes users.|
- The letters to crushes Site, including the chat room.
- Emails and notifications sent from us or sent to us from you.
- Third-party service providers, which we use to provide the letters to crushes Site and improve your experience on the letters to crushes Site, may collect information automatically sent by your browser or through cookies set by the third-party providers. Please refer directly to these third-party providers' privacy policies to understand their privacy practices.
- Links to other websites, such as anonsong.com, even if access through the letters to crushes Site
- The actions of third parties, meaning individuals or groups that we do not employ or control, including other letters to crushes users.
information collection and use practices
your public contributions
letters to crushes is primarily created to help you share your feelings with the world. We share your contributions to the letters to crushes Site because you have asked us to do so. While we will, upon request, remove information from the site, which you have previously posted, this may not remove the information you make available through the letters to crushes Site entirely from the Internet. The information you choose to post publicly is disseminated to a wide, global audience instantaneously. Your public letters and comments, including any personal information disclosed within them, may be searchable in search engines. When you share information via the Site, you should think carefully about what you are making public. We have no control over how content you publicly post to the Site is used and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information. letters to crushes encourages you to use fictitious names or initials, rather than actual names, in your letters.
please do not share any information that you are uncomfortable making permanently public.
Want to create an account? Super! Don't want to register an account? Ok, no problem! You are not required to create an account to read or contribute to the letters to crushes Site.
If you want to create an account to use the chat room, we do not require you to submit any personal information to do so. Just make up a chat alias. Your chat alias will be publicly visible, so think before you use your real name as your chat alias. Chat aliases are only maintained during the chat session. You may adopt a different alias every time you chat.
adding comments to letters
Neither your real name nor an email address is required to comment on a posted letter. Should you choose to include your email address, we only intend to use it to send you notifications when additional comments are made for the same letter.
If you email us, we may keep your message, email address, and any information you provide so that we can response to and process your request. (Sidenote: if you choose to give us feedback on ways to make the letters to crushes Site better, thank you and we think you're rad!)
automatically collected data
We automatically receive record information from your web browser when you interact with the letters to crushes Site, including your IP address and cookie information. This information facilitates collecting data concerning your interaction with the letters to crushes Site.
Metadata is data about data. Sometimes we automatically receive location data about your device. We may also receive the timestamp for instances when you interact with the letters to crushes Site, such as the date and time of when a comment is posted, or other types of metadata.
A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your computer's hard disk. letters to crushes may use cookie technology to:
- understand how you interact with the letters to crushes Site;
- customize and improve your experience with the letters to crushes Site;
- to conduct research about your use of the letters to crushes Site; and
- to help offer you services that may be of interest, such as editing or hiding from public view information that you post to the letters to crushes Site.
Most internet browsers automatically accept cookies. If you do not wish to have cookies placed on your computer, you can disable them through your web browser. Rejecting all browser cookies will disable some of the features the letters to crushes Site offers.
sharing and disclosure
to protect you, us, and others
letters to crushes reserves the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose information as it reasonably believes necessary to:
- satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or governmental request;
- detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues;
- respond to user support requests;
- protect our rights, property, or safety, or protect our users and the public.
due to business transfer
In the event letters to crushes is acquired by, merged with or into, or substantially sells all of its assets to a third-party entity, we reserve the right to transfer or assign the information we have collected from your use of the letters to crushes Site as part of such acquisition, merger, or sale.
We may provide personal information to third-parties, such as Google Analytics and HostGator, that provide services to help us with our business activities. These third-party service providers may collect data transmitted by your browser, such as cookies or your IP address. letters to crushes and its third party-service providers may use information collected through the letters to crushes Site to:
- improve the content on the letters to crushes Site;
- customize the content of the letters to crushes Site to our users;
- provide new products or services, and
- respond to any request you may have regarding the letters to crushes Site.
we use the information we collect from you as content, to offer new products and services, and to measure and improve our products and services over time.
because you wanted it to be public
letters to crushes may disclose your non-private, aggregated or otherwise non-personal information, such as your publicly posted comments or letter to your crush.
your choices about your information
- You are not required to provide letters to crushes any information to access the letters to crushes Site, thereby limiting the type of information we collect.
- You can always opt not to disclose certain information to us, even though it may be needed to take advantage
- letters to crushes encourages you to use a fictitious name or initials, in place of a person's real name when making contributions to the letters to crushes Site.
access and modification
- You can edit any information you post to the letters to crushes Site or hide it from public view.
- You can access and delete cookies through your web browser settings.
letters to crushes is not directed to persons under the age of thirteen (13). If you believe that your child has provided us with personal information without your consent, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. letters to crushes does not knowingly collect personal information from children under thirteen (13) years of age. Upon learning that a child under thirteen (13) years of age has provided us with personal information, we take steps to remove their information.
security & retention
how do we secure your data?
how long do we keep your data?
Non-personal data and data that you publicly disclose on the letters to crushes Site may be kept indefinitely. Publicly disclosed data may also be displayed indefinitely. Personal information kept as long as needed for maintenance, understanding and improvement of the letters to crushes Site, and our obligations under applicable U.S. law.
do not track
"Do Not Track" or "DNT" is a way for your web browser to communicate to a website that you do not want your online interactions to be tracked by third parties whose websites you did not directly visit, such as advertising networks, social platforms, and analytics services. You can learn more about DNT here.
updates & changes